Mellissa and Doug

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Mompreneurs Advice for a Successful Life


You are your business. Mompreneur's never give up until they find their niche. When I wake up every morning I think of my purpose as a Mompreneur. I know its about your effort, energy, attention, determination, sweat, work, power, exertion, influence. Let me first tell you a little bit about me. I am a Single Mom with 4 boys and I am divorced after almost 10 years of marriage and almost 5 years apart. I depended on my husband for income until the divorce in 2009. I worked a full-time job while trying out a few MLM's and not succeeding after much effort. I eventually began a business doing Silk Floral Arrangemnts- Beauty for Ashes Floral Arrangements, LLC and God's Angel's Jewelry (focus on building girls self-esteem through homemade jewelry). While I enjoyed going to Michael's getting flowers, crafts, etc. I wasn't profiting from my "homemade ideas". People simply weren't buying them for what they were worth. Fortunately my God's Angel idea didn't totally die..I have an God's Angel Facebook Page with over 2,000 likes! So my business idea didn't manifest into my "ideas" but it did turn out to be a blessing to thousands all over the world. While these two businesses didn't make much profit, it was a healing moment for me and I was able to focus on the Beauty inside myself before trying to help others. 

My ex- husband is a great supporter of my “Entrepreneurial” Endeavors. We both are like minded in that area. My Mom is also very patient in what it is I want to do in my life...my children as well. It really helps to have that support in your family… I feel like business minded individuals run in my family. I have a cousin with a Very successful Massage Parlor in Texas., and in-  laws with successful Entrepreneurial Endeavors. More importantly, my boys have seen my efforts as “The Candy Lady”, for most of their childhood (which was great). I would set up a table inside and outside. I would sell TwixSnickers, chips, sodas, and lots of other snacks to children in my neighborhood daily. They would participate in the set-up, selling and marketing (or word of mouth). My boys have also seen me get up on Saturdays at 6 am, load up my Van with tables, chairs, boxes of items and to go to the Flea Market ALL DAY to sell Candy, Avon, Jewelry (bought on Ebay), Clothes and shoes (from the house) and anything else I could find to sell (time consuming as well…but worth it..an extra $60 a week!) I truly believe my boys have the knowledge to begin a business of their own because I would take them with me to help “Sell”. It’s a Win-Win!!!


Now for the past 3 months in 2016 with all of the technological advances, I have been involved with blogging and monetizing on my blogs, through AmazonTargetDay Spring and ShareASale. While I haven't made a single sale...yet...I love to encourage other Women to purse their dreams, aspirations and desires..its okay and I primarily focus on the benefits I bring to my readers. In my experience of working as an Mompreneur, I have discovered One thing is important in this endeavor…MARKETING…MARKETING…MARKETING… Whether you own a small Boutique with Beautiful Dresses or Blog daily. There is only ONE way to get people to buy or show interest in your product and that’s to Market! In other words, what I really need you to know is that no matter how much I try to make money while at work or tending to my family…I notice a decline in my “Visitors” if no MARKETING has not been done for a couple of days. With my name out there, I hope to be known and trusted, by the time Thanksgiving and Christmas come around...and other major holidays. 


It’s sort of like when you start a Garden and it needs to be Watered, Fertilized and Trimmed…or in Spirituality when you stop reading your bible and attending church…or in your Health when you stop eating fruits and vegetables. These examples don’t Produce the wanted benefits…lots of Flowers, Blessings and Health. It takes time and your audience will eventually trust and buy from you. I hope not to sound too pushy...but I hope some of you are thinking of buying from me today...hint, hint...

LastlyBlogging has its benefits and I hope to continue to have multiple streams of income. I haven’t totally given up on my past endeavors…I have an open mind and welcome any and All ideas to help make money as a Mompreneur. Thanks for your time in reading my blog and remember I am an Affiliate so anything you buy will help my endeavors as a Blogger…thanks in Advance and May God Bless You!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment